Attendees: Travis, Ernesto, Karen, Lori, Mike, Barb, Matt
Our website is live: www.FriendsofWedgewoodPark.org
Park Event Soon sign frame
- The Parks Department should have a new frame for us by the end of the month
Park Clean Up (Saturday, May 21st – rain date May 22)
- The Parks Department is going to supply wood chips for planting beds, and some paint for the benches.
- Matt is working with the Parks to make two repairs to the ball diamond, fix the back stop and fill in the mis-located dirt area with grass.
- Barb will have supplies from “Keep Milwaukee Beautiful” along with coupons from “Keep Milwaukee Beautiful” sponsors. There should be enough coupons for most, if not all of the people, who help with the clean up
- Tools we will need are: Wheel barrows, rakes, and shovels
Plant Exchange (Saturday, May 21st – rain date May 22)
- flyers have been put up at local area business, one of them being Pick ‘n Save.
Pool Party (Saturday, June 25th – rain date June 26th)
- Suzanne Grzanna is booked to play during the pool party, thanks to the Packing House
- Mike will DJ when Suzanne isn’t playing
- We will be selling popcorn, Karen to get the popcorn and serving bags (she might not be able to attend the event)
- Mike is going to ask Rupena’s if they are willing to donate any food for the event
- We will have at least one grill there
- Attendees are encouraged to bring there own food and grill if needed. Note: Grills are not permitted inside the pool area fence
- Members of the Friends of Wedgewood Park are going to be bring games: Matt & Laura will set up their volleyball net and bring sidewalk chalk to re-mark the four square and hop scotch lines.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring games especially if they do not plan to be in the pool
- We plan to invited people from our surrounding neighborhoods
- We will have a 50/50 raffle, Fred and Mary to supply the tickets
- We will decorate the pool fence for the party, Aimee to supply some, other donations welcome
- Matt to work on city noise permit with Mark Borkowski, hours will be from 10:00 to 2:30
- Matt will send an email invite to the Parks Department management and Chris Able
National Night Out (Monday, August 1st)
- Our House is officially booked
- Jen has secured two food trucks: Five Star Nachos & Wicked Urban Grill
- Lori has a large popcorn popper, that she will let us use to sell popcorn
- As with the pool party we will make it a point to invite people from our nearby neighborhoods, specifically using Nextdoor.
- We will have a 50/50 raffle, and are working on raffle prizes like last year
- Matt has connect with the Sheriffs department, they are planning on bringing a squad and possibly a horse. Matt to follow up with them as we get closer to the event.
- Travis suggested inviting the police and fire departments as well. We decided to give that job to Mark Borkowski
- We are open to community interest booths, example the Greyhound Adoption booth last year
- Matt will do the paperwork for the city Noise permit, the permit will have hours of 6 till 9
- The group asked about selling beer. Matt emailed several people at the parks and Mark Borkowski about what is needed to sell beer. The Parks Department responded quickly and the information has been passed on to meeting attendees
- We did a quick brainstorm on ideas for the old basketball court area
- Half court basketball (one hoop)
- a couple of Frisbee golf disc baskets
More discussion to come with this during future meetings